Lieferprobleme bei A220-Ersatzteilen - Air Baltic reduziert ab September das Angebot

ANZEIGE

meilenfreund

Erfahrenes Mitglied
ANZEIGE
Air Baltic streicht ab September vorübergehend die Strecken von Vilnius nach Oslo, Gatwick, Dublin und Hamburg, außerdem gibt es unbenannte Streichungen/Kürzungen ab Riga.

Grund: Schwierigkeiten in der A220-Ersatzteilversorgung, die auch bei anderen Betreibern zu erwarten ist.

meilenfreund

Erfahrenes Mitglied
Wurde auch als E-Mail (mit eingebettetem Video) verschickt:

Dear guests of airBaltic,

The aviation industry has several challenges to deal with this summer. I understand the frustration of some of you, because currently a lot of things are not happening as they should. Therefore, I would like to give you an update on the current situation in the aviation sector.

At the beginning of 2022, we were continuing our recovery process from the Covid-19 pandemic, when we were hit by a war that is still happening close to our borders. It continues to impact all of us. Nevertheless, we see that you have booked flights, and we recognise that there is a very strong demand for travel. Therefore, we are able to return to our previous capacity and fly to many destinations all over Europe and beyond.

Even though we leave Riga on time, we fly into congested European airports and delays start to accumulate.

I would like to point out that we are very fortunate in the Baltic airports, because staff levels are great and our morning departure punctuality is good. In the rest of Europe, however, major airports cannot handle the current summer demand. The reasons are simple: airports do not have enough staff to load baggage or work at the gates and security controls. For us, this means that, although we fly with you to these airports on time in the morning, our return flights are delayed, which leads to delays for subsequent flights as well.

That is one of the main reasons why we are having too many delays. We are working very hard to mitigate this and are trying our best to catch up with the delays. We are doing so each and every day, but it is still very difficult.

Global supply shortages result in a lack of spare parts for regular aircraft checks, and some of our aircraft remain grounded.

Today airBaltic has 36 Airbus A220-300 aircraft in the fleet, but we cannot fly all of them in our network. Currently, global supply chain issues are forcing six of our aircraft to remain on the ground because we are missing spare parts for regular maintenance work. Some of these aircraft have been grounded for six months due to missing parts, which is very uncommon.

This is why airBaltic is temporarily wet-leasing aircraft from other carriers, which may not have all the modern equipment that you are used to. I therefore apologise that you may not be flying with our Airbus A220-300, the most modern fleet in the world. When summer is over and we will have reduced our flight programme for the winter season, European airports should be able to handle the situation better.

A return to normal operations is not far off. We hope for your patience.

We are doing our best to bring all of you to your desired destinations on time and to mitigate any issues arising during the journey.

I’m very thankful to you for choosing airBaltic. This summer is still very challenging for us, and I ask for your understanding. Soon, we will again be the most punctual airline and deliver the service you were used to.

Thank you very much for your patience!

Yours sincerely,

Martin Gauss
President and CEO of airBaltic

BT selbst hat übrigens keine Personalprobleme, dort wurde vor einigen Wochen die höchste Mitarbeiterzahl in der Firmengeschichte erreicht:

Volume

Erfahrenes Mitglied
Ich denke das Problem mit der Ersatzteilversorgung wird über BT und Bombardier/Airbus hinausgehen, und hat gerade erst angefangen.

Es wird z.B. nicht lange dauern, bis die Chipkrise auch auf die Avionikbranche durchschlägt. Gerade wenn man sich einschränken muss, wird man nicht die Herstellung von Kleinserien antiker 80286 oder 68000 priorisieren, nur weil die noch für ein paar in den 80ern zugelassene Standardavionikboxen gebraucht werden.