2 Monate Südamerika - Bitte um Hilfe :)

ANZEIGE

Chris_1984

Aktives Mitglied
ANZEIGE
Mach ich im Sommer 2014 zusammen mit der WM in Brasilien :)

Chris_1984

Aktives Mitglied
Hallo zusammen,

jetzt ist es nicht mehr lange hin und wir haben alle Fluege sowie Machu Piccu gebucht. Folgende Fragen habe ich jetzt noch, eventuell kann jemand ja noch was dazu sagen :)

Danke!!!

---

So I will do the following trip with 2 more people very soon (scroll down for the picture for details) and got some questions:

1.) What's a good price for climbing Illiniza Norte and Cotopaxi in Ecuador? I'm in contact with a Couchsurfer who is also offering Tours up there as he is a Mountain guide. How do these prices compete? He is charging $180 for Cotopaxi and $90 for Illiniza Norte if we are 3 or more. He also offered to get down to the bottom of the Cotopaxi crater for $40 in 3 hours. Anyone did that?

2.) We did not book anything besides the Flights for the Galapagos Islands yet and I was reading here, here and here that you can actually save a lot of money by not booking in advance. I'm just not sure if there would really be any free spots for the three of us if we go there in the middle of July?

3.) Has anyone climbed Cotopaxi AND one of the following Peaks in Peru? Climb El Misti 5,822m or Chachani 6,057m. I would like to climb a second mountain but El Misti looks veeeeeery similar to Cotopaxi so maybe it would not really be worth doing it after Cotopaxi? How about Chachani, anyone had any experiences there and can compare it to Cotopaxi? Or should we skip those and rather do something else in the two days?

4.) How would you suggest what the best way would be to explore Lake Titicaca after arriving in Puno after a 6 hour bus ride from Arequipa ? I was thinking of skipping the Floating Islands and spending more time on the Bolivia Side at Isla del Sol for example. Any thoughts?

5.) Yungas Road: I planned to book with these guys. Should be a good choice I guess?

6.) I also planned 5 days to see the Madidi National Park close to Rurrenabaque and do some Wildlife Spotting in the Beni Wetlands. Is this something we have to book in advance or should it be ok to book something on spot? We can either take a 50minute flight from La Paz or 20 hour bus ride. Has anyone done the busride yet and can tell me if it has some nice scenery at least or if we should rather get the flight?

7.) Then we're on to Salar de Uyuni. Same question here: Anyone has some recommendations for a tour operator to do a 5 day trip which will in the end drop us off at San Pedro de Atacama? And whats the best way to get there from Rurrenabaque? I assume we would need to take a 15 hour bus ride from La Paz?

I think those are the most important questions that I have! Thanks a lot for anyone who can help answering them already :)

Cheers
Chris

sa2013.jpg